Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Πνευμα (Pneuma)

I hold a lot of words in high regard, because in my search for understanding certain words take on a bigger meaning in my mind and out look.
One of these words is a Greek word Pneuma meaning Wind or Spirit.
I wont bore you with the reason why or how I discovered this word, but it's just one of those words like Love, Raya, Agape, Peace, Euangelion, God, Family, the list goes on.

I don't usually like to make my religion and philosophy a big deal in public, it usually "brings out the best in People" (That's Irony)
So i tend to avoid talking about it online, but occasionally I feel the need.

In my recent practice of my religion a particular speaker struck a chord with me.
I heard him first from the Nooma videos that my youth group would play from time to time.
Nooma being derived from the phonetic spelling of the word Pneuma, needless to say the title struck me by surprise while sparking some interest.
Robert Holmes Bell Jr. is the story teller and teacher in the series.
He is also the founding Pastor at Mars Hill Bible Church in Grandville, Michigan.
Upon further investigation of the Nooma(s) I found both the musical artists that commonly created music for the videos and some literature about the speaker, Rob Bell.
So now I'm looking for more literature BY Rob Bell; because the message I've gotten from him so far isn't the conservative Christian crap I've heard so many times before.
From what I've read and heard his message takes a look at Christianity and tears it apart, which is something I thoroughly enjoy.

"This is not just the same old message with new methods. We're rediscovering Christianity as an Eastern religion, as a way of life. Legal metaphors for faith don't deliver a way of life." - Bell

Upon finding the music artists who make the music for some of the videos I was quite pleased.
David Vandervelde
The Album Leaf
Brie Stoner
Aphex Twin

All four of which are awesome artists!

Well, it appears I've run out things to type...
So thank you for reading, do good work, May God Bless,
Seeya!

-Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment