Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Liabilities and Glee

Does anyone remember a time when you could take a hair drier to your I.D. and change the date on it, go out and then buy yourself a packet of cigarettes and the old guy across the cupboard wouldn't pay you no thought?
Now you can't change your IDs, they've tightened the rules, the Iranian guy behind the glass doesn't play that game and you're stuck getting told by your hood friend that he's a liability he's buys for you.
What a way to start a story, eh? I'm not sure wear that came from because for one I don't do that shtick.
But it's true, though.
I mean, in my short lifetime I've seen a time when you could get a on a plane with your shoes tied and then within three years half the nation is complaining that T.S.A. are a pain in the neck because they're trying to keep people from stabbing the pilot in the neck with a ballpoint pen.

Well, it's almost Christmas and almost year 10 and I got a wall scroll as a calendar for when my BSG calendar becomes invalid. Yeah, the year flew by and things are just starting to look up in multiple angles, but it's cool. I'm enjoying it.


On a entertainment note I've started watching two television shows, on hulu, ofcourse.
After much evangelizing from my local friends, my Virginia friends, my internet friends and girlfriend I sat down and started watching Heroes and, to my surprise, I like it.
It's a character drama more than it's an action show, which is what I like.
While each character has his or her own problems and stories they are intertwined into a greater story.

Infact, just the other night I was discussing the character Hiro with my friend:
He has truly the most powerful ability of all. Sylar only has a single natural power, I gather, and that's his intelect and understanding of Machines, organic, mechanical or otherwise, so he can simply take powers. but Hiro can change everything with little effort if he tried, and with that he needs and has wisdom. He understands powers more than Samual, Bennet or Sylar, but on a different level.
I've narrowed the scope two those four characters as the deciding factors of the show:
Bennet wants good form all humans with Abilities even though has none.
Samuel wants good for humans with abilities because he has one, but he has an agenda.
Sylar is the anarchist, but he's the smartest of them all.
Hiro is honorable and can control time and space, thus everything, but wants good for ALL humans.

Now that I have over analyzed an NBC show let's move to Fox.


Through the efforts of fewer friends, and Shane, I also watched the last five episodes of Glee.
I like Glee. It's character driven, it has amazing covers, musical and geeky references, and a crazy coach named Sue.
My favourite characters, if you haven't guessed, are Kurt Hummel and Puck.
I loved the finale and enjoyed the first episode I watched (Episode 9, Wheels), in which Kurt sings Defying Gravity from Wicked. His voice is amazing and that combined with the cult classic that is Wicked makes for a happy me.
Plus, that episode has the greatest lines I've ever heard from a supportive father: "YOU CAN'T DISCRIMINATE AGAINST MY SON FOR HIS SEX, RACE, RELIGION, POLITICAL AFFILIATIONS OR THE FACT THAT HE'S QUEERER THAN A THREE DOLLAR BILL!"
Kurt's father is such a man, yet he's a good father.
Can not wait till next season.

Looking forward, major, to December 27th when I go to see Sherlock Holmes. It Looks So Good!
Robert Downey, Jr. looks exactly how I always pictured the young and extraordinary Sherlock Holmes in turn of the century London and Jude Law appears exactly how I always imagined the war torn veteran, Dr. John H. Watson, when I read A Study In Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
From what I gather it looks clever, funny, serious, exciting and totally steam punk!
While I've never seen a Director Guy Ritchie film (I'm kind of glad I haven't because he's the one who did Swept Away and Snatch) I am a fan of Producer Joel Silver who's done action films such as V for Vendetta, The Matrix Trilogy, the Animatrix, Speed Racer, and the more recent title Ninja Assassin.
Yeah, only the first three were pretty serious stories (can't speak for Ninja Assassin, I haven't seen it, but want to just for the action) but his style is very impressive and whiplash causing, so I look forward to it.
Excited.

Haven't decided what I'm going to seen while in cape, I'm kind of trying to keep it PG-13 but like I said the only real movie I want to see before the end of the year is Holmes.
In 2010 I look forward to Tim Burtin's Alice in Wonderland and Daybreakers, directed by Peter and Michael Spierig.

I'm going to close now because I need a shower before Synago, so remember to do good work.
May God Bless.

Shalom,
Brent Matthew Lillard
Twitter = @SAKUTOnoSai



No comments:

Post a Comment