Thursday, November 11, 2010

Buzzkill!

So, weird rant, but the humor of last glee episode got me to thinking of what ever there was that could turn me off or kill my buzz, because I think too much.
So I got to thinking and I really can't think of one thing that kills it for me and, yes, that has been a problem.
I mean, seriously! It's like a machine with adamantium cogs. You keep trying to throw monkey wrenches into the gears, but they just wont stop!
On the other hand, however, I have come to the conclusion that while there is the proverbial "buzz", it does not require a buzz kill to control my actions. It really comes down to choice and being a late blooming teenager I have learned one thing in my meandering: CHOICE IS HARD!
Alas, that's the only excuse there is, because when you polish away haze of hormones and pretty eyes, that leaves the fact that the whole time I was thinking perfectly logically and human-like to begin with, because I clearly I used logic to get my way. Thus is a matter of choice.
Thus leads the great question: what choice will one choose.
In the words of the Oracle, from the Matrix Trilogy, "No one can see past a choice they don't understand."
Now I'm turning a internal debate about my sex drive into a philosophical epiphany about free will, so I better stop here.
My gods, this is one of those moments where you read it and then you "facepalm" or "headdesk" or just admit that bloggers are just plain silly sometimes.

Anyway, on a less awkward note I have recently placed an order on Amazon for a game. It's the first product I've bought online, save my MacBook Pro, and it Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier for the PlayStation2. I only own one console and that would it, I haven't bought a new game for it in four years, save a replacement for a scratchy disc at the local pawn, so I figured I would get the 6th installment to one of my favourite game franchises. Anyway, it should arrive on my doorstep Monday Afternoon.
Today, because I was bored and didn't really feel like making the trip out to Malden to service my brakes (Yes, I'm lazy), I decided to pop in the direct predecessor of the game I ordered. Jak 3, I loaded up my latest play through save, being about 60% done and played it through a beat it. I have to say, the last battle is by far the easiest part of the game. It's really shameful, but it makes up for it in dramatics.

Back on the subject of the latest episode of Glee. I would just like to say that it was the best episode thus far, in my opinion. When that meathead kissed Kurt, I was blown away! I had no idea that would happen and he just SOLD it! Absolutely sold the role. And the Beast story arc was both funny and beautiful too.
Now I know blame is cute and played Harry Potter in Very Potter, but didn't know he could SING, much less ACT! It was impressive.
But still, I don't even know what to say about the episode, I'm still a bit speechless.
Also the music selection was excellent. Loved that they went a capella with Teenage Dream. It was perfect and the busking Bob Marley piece lit up my Wednesday, because I have a special place in my heart for the Bob Marley!

Anyway, that is all!

Shalom,
Brent Matthew Lillard
@SAKUTOnoSai

No comments:

Post a Comment