Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Midtermination!

So the day has come that I know fear. The fear is midterm.
The upside is, three or so weeks until I go on break and me a Jenna will have to find a new reason for us to hang out more than one day a week, lol.
I'm at school, taking a break from my studies to let you guys in on it.
I've been listening to a couple pieces of music on repeat recently and they've got to be…
"Audio, Video, Disco" by the "Justice" which has a great hi-fi indie ethereal sound. Love it. You have to check it out on one of those DMCA verified illegal youtube videos.
Heard about them through WFUV's Alternate Side, a local station coming out of New York City. They stream online, go check them out too.
The next up is the Glitch Mob. Jenna reminded me of my love for 8-bit and dub step and I've been listening to them on repeat. Fantastic.
I was at school and had the urge for some Felix da Housecat and wam-bam it gave me their remix of Nina Simone's Sinnerman. Great music, killer music video. I mean you really have to see this music video. It's not amazing, but it's really well done.

This week is so far has been really awesome. Yesterday I got all my homework done really well and in good time before rehearsal and rehearsal was really good. We got moving, stayed moving and even was able to drop my script a few times and focus on the scene.
Afterwards, my new, but already dear friend Tom and I got to talking. Now, Tom is a really down to earth brother in Christ and for those of you not paying attention, I don't say that very often. It's nto a phrase I like to use, but he's really cool, smart, funny. Damn interesting. I digress. We got to talking about his church again I really want to go and see if this is the church for me here. It sounds really nice and I'm really looking forward to going next sunday!
-Ups! Jenna popped in from her class, on break, almsot finished!-
Anyway, today I'm sticking around in the lab finishing projects for Basic Graphic Design and Illustrator. Jenna hung out with me in the lab until her class, which was cool.
I dunno, I'm taking it as it comes, not pushing anything and I like it. I really like her and this whole thing we''ve got, it's nice, easy going, honest, we always have something to talk about and it's not just one thing, it's several. I don't feel like I'm having to try.
It's a really good writing session. The story begins to write itself and you just type, still wondering what comes next as you yourself get sucked into it's intrigue.
But, it's early so we shall see.
We do get time to study, we're in the same field of study so we're able to bounce ideas a bit. I digress, I'm losing contiguous thought as it all scrambles into cloud of a thousand different details.

Back to the play.
The play is coming along great and we open the Friday night, October Seventh at the Jewish Community Center in East Meadow. If you're in the area we'd love to have you.
It's a comedy by Neil Simon, God bless him, about a delusional writer who want's finished her dead lover's book. Mind you, that's a horrible description to a great play and we're not on fire, but I really have a good feeling about this show! Working with Michelle, Roe and Tom is really great, I feel a bit like the zygote I am compared to them while on that small stage.

Anyway, I'm going to wrap this up!

Do good work,
Brent Matthew Lillard

No comments:

Post a Comment