Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Retarded? No, I am not impeded.

So, if you read my blog onsite then you may have noticed a couple cosmetic changes like the new banner and the new name. I figured the "Middle American Blogger" was inaccurate since I moved to New York's Long Island where "on line" means the same thing as in "in line" at the store and the the K and S in ask is reversed.
Seeing as I digg Unix and Linux I figured the command "whoami" seemed appropriate to the content and the fact that the URL is my name.

So tonight I have dealt with a Troll on Dailybooth by the pseudonym of "YOUR3STUPID" who has been spreading hate speech around D.B. like a bad cough and I've been gathering as many as I can to squash this troll.
I find that the best way to deal with a troll is no argue with them, but be polite and passive and use bigger words and stronger logic than they can understand. Which I did, I also reported their comments after they referred to one of my followers with the C-word.
Possibly the most vulgar word in the english language, at least here in a America.

So, I've been here for well over a couple weeks and I've formed a basic routine that involves this blogging. I've been repairing and modding my stuff at an accelerated rate, keeping up with Dailybooth.com, doing some great writing for my novel, trying to maintain communication with the other residents in this house and I'm going to exploring the local villages soon.

Still looking for work, no calls yet. It's a bit disappointing since I moved here for the work, but the economy sucks and it doesn't help that our country's currency is dropping like the proverbial ton of bricks. So, I'm living off my Aunt still because I have exactly $500 dollars to my name.

We're also trying to use my diagnosed autism to get some money for college. Which is something I haven't talked about before, I don't think. You see, I am diagnosed as both A.D.H.D. and autistic. The term I remember hearing from days of seeing a shrink was "Asberger syndrome", which really fits the bill.
Mind you, thirteen years ago I was taking medications for A.D.H.D., the meds from hell. When I was thirteen I cast the meds away and put a lot of effort into being less hyperactive and more capable of concentrating on things that didn't grain with me for extended amounts of time.
TO my success I've never taken and refuse to take any form of M.D.H. or psych meds again.
Ritalin is a living hell. I hated it for seven years. For some, it's derivatives might work, but I was miserable.
I'm a fully functional and socially functional American who has the label "Autistic" which means I can probably meet a special needs quota at a job or get a ton of money for college.
You might say I'm taking advantage of the system, but I'm dead broke and living with a couple who support three dependents plus me. I deserve the money more than some people who purposely cheat the system.

On a side note, I think I've done very well for myself so far. I am a product of a teenaged pregnancy who was raised by her parents and homeschooled from K to 12. I'm Austistic with a hyperactive disorder, I decided in early adolescence that the meds were worse than the disorders and worked to counter act myself by my own free will. I'm extremely creative, I am very intelligent. I studied and got my G.E.D. on my own. I can repair almost anything if I stop to think first. I have been told that I am wise beyond my years. Every person who I've been romantically involved with I have remained on good terms with after feelings had changed. I have the finest best friends I young man could ask for. I paid in cash, with my own money for my first cars. I come from a good, but not perfect, family.

On a final note, the dictionary definition of Retard is for the verb,
1: to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment : impede
I bring this up because I have always hated the vulgarity of the term in modern slang. Not because of my own disorders, because I have never considered myself retarded or mentally challenge in my life. I have hated it because it a butchering of our language for the sake of vulgarly labeling people who most of the time can't even tell that they are being put down or made fun of.
As someone who was once bullied, it angers me.

Thanks for reading,
Brent Matthew Lillard

No comments:

Post a Comment